Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Monkey Bread http://www.home-ec101.com/?p=263

You’ll need:
2 rolls of jumbo buttermilk refrigerator biscuits
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
1/2 tsp vanilla


Preheat your over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

So you’ll want to break out the biscuits, cut them into quarters. I used my pizza roller because a. I’m cool like that and b. all my knives were being washed.

Take the cinnamon and white sugar and put it into a largish plastic bag. I used a turkey bag because I need to get more Ziploc bags.
Toss in the biscuit pieces about 8 at a time and shake it up!

Arrange them neatly in a Bundt pan, tube pan, or 2 9 inch round cake pans. Don’t squish them together, just put them so they are just touching, like so:
If you’re wanting to add walnuts or raisins, now’s the time to do so. Just intersperse them with the dough balls.

Then, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, add the brown sugar and vanilla. Boil it for one minute, then pour over the dough. Poke it in your 350 degree preheated oven for:
Bundt or tube pan: 20 minutes9 inch cake pans: 15 minutes

Keep an eye on them, because there’s nothing more horrid than burnt monkey bread. Except maybe stinky cookies.

Take it out of the oven, flip over onto a plate, and attempt to wait until it cools to start chowing down. Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm an 18 year old stay-at-home daughter in the beautiful state of North Carolina. I'm learning to be a godly homemaker.